Rush Limbaugh, the "Doctor of Democracy,"
has been labeled as the savior of AM radio by broadcast industry leaders. Limbaugh revolutionized the media and political landscape with his unprecedented combination of serious discussion of political, cultural and social issues along with satirical and biting humor, which parodies previously “untouchable” personalities and topics. His passion has inspired millions of Americans to be the best they can be, and kept the country on course to a bright future.
On August 1, 1988, Rush launched his phenomenally successful radio broadcast into national syndication, with 56 radio stations. Now, 26 years later, the show is heard on nearly 600 stations by up to 20 million people each week and is the highest-rated national radio talk show in America. Rush was awarded the Syndicated Radio Personality of the year by the National Association of Broadcasters in 1992, 1995, 2000, and 2005. He was inducted into the Radio Hall of Fame in 1993 and National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1998.
DID YOU KNOW THIS ABOUT RUSH LIMBAUGH?
- 2013 Author of the Year, Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims
- Author of The Adventures of Rush Revere Series, including Rush Revere and the Brave Pilgrims, Rush Revere and the First Patriots and Rush Revere and the American Revolution, both topping the New York Times Bestsellers list at #1
- Five-time winner of the National Association of Broadcasters Marconi Award for Excellence in Syndicated and Network Broadcasting
- Inducted into the Hall of Famous Missourians on May 14, 2012 in the state Capitol in Jefferson City
- Honorary Member of the Republican Freshman Class 1995 House of Representatives
- Inducted in the Radio Hall of Fame in Chicago in 1990 and the National Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame in 1998
- Hosted Rush Limbaugh - The Television Show in New York from 1992 through 1996.
- Barbara Walters’ 10 Most Fascinating People (2008)
- Time Magazine®’s 100 Most Influential People in the world (2009)
- Forbes Magazine 50 Most Powerful Celebrities in the United States, numerous years (#19 in 2010)
- The Giving Back Fund’s 10 Most Generous Celebrities for contributions to charities and individuals, such as the Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation
- For over 22 years, has raised over 38 Million Dollars for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society since 1989. Each year Rush hosts a Radiothon (one three-hour broadcast per year) during his program to raise funds for Leukemia and Lymphoma research
- Author of The Limbaugh Letter, the most widely read political newsletter in the country and two best-selling books, The Way Things Ought to Be and See, I Told You So, which have sold over 8.9 million copies, including an American publishing record for See, I Told You So
- Guest Television appearances include Nightline with Ted Koppel, Cross Fire™, Good Morning America®, CBS This Morning™, The Today® Show, The Phil Donahue Show™, The Late Show® with David Letterman, The Tonight Show®, This Week™ with David Brinkley, Meet the Press® with Tim Russert, and The Drew Carey Show ®. Rush also starred as himself in the popular network sitcoms Family Guy® and Hearts Afire®.
- Profiled on CBS's 60 Minutes®, ABC's 20/20® and in numerous publications including U.S. News and World Report®, Newsweek®, National Review™, Time Magazine®, The New York Times® Magazine and USA Weekend®
- Miss America® Pageant Judge 2010
Always employing cutting edge technology, in 2000 Rush harnessed the power of the internet by expanding his media dominance with the launch of RushLimbaugh.com, including video and live streaming audio. Rush has since ventured into the social network realm by creating his own Facebook® page (http://www.facebook.com/RushLimbaugh). Rush's iPhone/iPad app was the most downloaded News category app for two days in the Apple App Store when it was released in the winter of 2010. The app allows subscribers to watch and listen to the program live on their mobile devices. His radio program is broadcasted on weekdays from noon to 3 p.m. Eastern Time.
HOW IT BEGAN...
Rush Hudson Limbaugh III was born in 1951 in Cape Girardeau, Missouri to a family with generations of attorneys. At 16, he chose to explore his passion for broadcasting by working as a disc jockey for a hometown radio station. After four years, he left for Pittsburgh to work for the former ABC owned and operated KQV. Tired of the disc jockey life, Rush briefly left broadcasting for business, joining the Kansas City Royals as Director of Group Sales, and then Director of Sales and Special Events.
Rush couldn't resist the urge to return to broadcasting. In 1983, he re-entered radio as a political commentator for KMBZ in Kansas City. A year later Rush hosted a daytime talk show in Sacramento, California, tripling the program's ratings in four years. From there, in 1988 he went on to New York where the record-breaking national show was born.
Disclaimer: All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Kathryn Adams Limbaugh, Co-Founder, Two If By Tea®
Kathryn Limbaugh was born in Massachusetts, and spent a good portion of her life overseas. At just one week of age, Kathryn moved with her family to the interior of Brazil. Portuguese was her first language. Being the daughter of an American diplomat mother and a Naval Academy graduate father, Kathryn traveled to, lived and worked in forty countries on five continents. Living abroad only increased her admiration for the United States and passion for the beliefs of its founders. Her ancestors include Pilgrim Elder William Brewster and Stephen Hopkins and the renowned Adams family of Presidents John and John Quincy Adams.
Kathryn matured at a very early age. Before her teenage years, she interacted with foreign heads of state, top business leaders, military officials and the local communities at large. She witnessed the wonders of the world and the severe challenges that so many face first-hand. Kathryn developed a profound appreciation for the United States military and the sacrifices their families make to defend freedom worldwide.
At fifteen years old, Kathryn lived in a tiny impoverished country in West Africa. There, she assisted American military doctors on MEDEVAC missions by translating for patients speaking local dialects. She traveled with the military into remote villages to assist with building temporary medical tents. She also taught English as a volunteer at a local school. Children walked for miles to be able to attend the classes and hear more about American culture. While in Africa, Kathryn nearly lost her life with two bouts of often-lethal cerebral malaria. These experiences and others put her on a path to help those dealing with extraordinarily difficult circumstances.
Kathryn has always maintained a disciplined work ethic and desire to find innovative solutions. Among other prestigious positions, Kathryn served as the Executive Director of a foundation started by legendary golfer Gary Player with a mission to provide scholarships and financial assistance to children in South Africa and North America. Over the years, she also received numerous meritorious honors and recognitions both in career and charitable endeavors.
In 2009, Kathryn formed a small team of very talented, bright, and conscientious individuals to create Two If By Tea®. She credits this team with implementing the vision of a small and growing American company that has a personal connection with each customer. Every person who buys Two If By Tea® is considered by her and Rush as a member of their extended family.
Since opening, Two If By Tea® has donated over $1.3 million to the Marine Corps - Law Enforcement Foundation and other worthy causes.